About the Blog

Get motivated from Monday to Friday with these simple daily goals, that promise to leave you feeling better about yourself.

Play the latest Podcast

....Still under construction :-)

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Resolve not to care about who doesn’t like you 2day

Resolve not to care about who doesn’t like you 2daySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
There are some people who will never like you, not because of something you have done, something you've said or anything you can possibly imagine. But simply because you are you. So what? Today I came in contact with one such person- in fact I come in contact with them everyday, once in a while the person does or says something to embarrass me- but not in a way you can call them out on, though. You know- those little offenses that can sneak by and you just have to swallow because if you make a big deal out of them then you'll be the person who is overreacting.



Usually I stay out of their way and then today they decided to butt into a conversation- someone was correcting me about something I didn't even know about and they stuck their foot in and said "I said that already."
The truth was- the person hadn't told me that before, they'd simply stated their disapproval of something I did and didn't say I wasn't to do it again. So being human, I wanted to say "No you didn't tell me and who do you think you are to correct me? Are you my friend? Do you ever speak to me other than greeting me in the morning? What gives you the right to correct me- just because it's not according to your personal preference?"

BUT I held back- simply because it would be my word against that persons and I'm not as rooted in the society as they are. I didn't defend myself and said, "I didn't know" then left.

I'm not going to tell you that it's easy to deal with someone not liking you- because even the most hardened heart does ache from rejection and it hurts when someone doesn't like you for no apparent reason. But what can you do about? Waste your time trying to win a battle that may never be won? Every human being is excellent at building walls- the sort that are invisible and in some cases may be more painful to crash into that physical walls.

The choice that every person has to make is whether to worry about things they can do nothing about? If there is a real problem, if there is a legit reason someone may have for not liking you- then deal with it head on, choosing to ignore it would be foolish. But, if you can't possibly comprehend why someone hates you and you've done nothing wrong- then forget it. What will it help you to focus on the unimportant people in your life that don't care about you? If they do happen to be an important person in your society and they make you miserable, then leave. Personally this person means nothing major to me- so their cold shoulder generally has little effect on my life.

Resolve2day to not care about who dislikes you. Trust me you'll feel like a better person at the end of the day.

N.C Ronia

Special thanks to Lucas Ward for making his photographs available for use. Click on his name to go to his profile on www.scx.hu Click HERE to go to his website.

Follow me on Twitter
Don't have time to read the whole blog? Follow resolve_byte on twitter, to get the main points.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search