About the Blog

Get motivated from Monday to Friday with these simple daily goals, that promise to leave you feeling better about yourself.

Play the latest Podcast

....Still under construction :-)

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Resolve not to sleep in today.

Resolve not to sleep in today.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
"Just five more minutes!" How many times has the alarm clock gone off and you're put it on snooze and thought- just five more minutes! I know I have and there was once a time in my life when I set 3 different alarms- because I was sure to switch each one off before I FINALLY dragged myself out of bed. Glorious, glorious- so glorious SLEEP!



I love to sleep! I just love my bed! It's probably on the top ten list of my favorite hangouts on the face of this planet! Ah yes- good things happen on my bed, I dream on my bed, I relax on my bed… I play on my bed, I read on my bed- I could go and on and I'm sure you could too. BUT unfortunately this favorite hangout of yours and mine has some major draw-backs, mainly that it's way too comfortable and way to tempting to part from. And thus- the more time we spend there- enjoying the comforts of this hangout- the less we do of anything else.

Sleep is good- no doubt about it and in a future blog I will be focusing on people who (amazingly) don't sleep enough. But too much sleep will certainly rob you of tons of opportunities to get closer to that BIG goal you have in your life (whatever it may be.) The wisest man that ever lived said;

How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?
A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding
of the hands to rest- and POVERTY will
come to you like a thief and scarcity like
an armed man.

They clearly didn't call him the wisest for no reason- after all isn't this how it happens- we just want to sleep a little bit longer- just rest for a little while and then the time we waste instead of working allows poverty to sneak up on us. Poverty may be in terms of your relationships with other people, your work, your goals- all the things that are important to you become poor and scarce and though it happened little by little- the effects of it feel sudden and brutal- like an armed man.

Resolve not to sleep in 2day. Trust me, you'll feel like a better person at the end of the day.

N.C Ronia

Special thanks to Manu Mohan for making his photographs available for use. Click on his name to go to his profile on www.scx.hu Click HERE to go to his website.

Follow me on Twitter
Don't have time to read the whole blog? Follow RESOLVE_BYTE on twitter, to get the main points.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search