About the Blog

Get motivated from Monday to Friday with these simple daily goals, that promise to leave you feeling better about yourself.

Play the latest Podcast

....Still under construction :-)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Resolve to face your mountain 2day.

Resolve to face your mountain 2day.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Have you ever noticed a huge mess- let’s say a room that needs to be cleaned and you look around and you have no idea where to start? And it seems to overwhelm you just thinking about it? We all have huge messes in our lives that need cleaning up and sometimes we just don’t know where to start and the task seems IMPOSSIBLE to face- maybe it’s even a painful task to do- like confronting someone or ending a relationship. But it has to be done. We have to face our mountains.






Recently I looked at a vital part of my life and I thought to myself “What an awful mess!” Having felt sorry for myself long enough and finally deciding that I would start working on that area I looked at that mountain and I felt afraid. I was afraid because facing the mountain would mean overcoming the issues surrounding that mountain. Issues from the past, the present and the certainty that if I didn’t face this mountain, that I would regret it in the future.

So what did I do? The first step was to decide that I WAS GOING TO FACE THIS MOUNTAIN. Then I started to tell myself that I could do it! To tell myself that it wasn’t impossible and the more I told myself that it wasn’t impossible the more I felt like it was POSSIBLE! I know it won’t be pleasant, I’m basically going to be going through a process of tearing my character apart and finding the junk that needs to go so that I can become the person I want to become. A lot of that junk is going to be feelings that I have for certain people and the influence that certain people have over me.

So as you can gather, the mountain I have to face has a lot to do with relationships- the core of every person’s existence! And the most difficult of areas to handle, it’s literally a minefield and YET at the top of that mountain is going to be a healthier and happier me. Some of the people I’m going to let go of, are people I DON’T WANT TO LET GO OF, in fact half the time I try to convince myself that I don’t really need to do this, so as you can imagine this is not very easy for me… not at all. But if I am to get to where I want to be- I need to get rid of the excess weight or it will hold me back.

I don’t know what your mountain is- it could be a career mountain, a relationship mountain or a health mountain. But when you’re at the bottom looking at that distant peak and sometimes when you can’t even see the peak- don’t get discouraged ESPECIALLY if this isn’t your first time confronting this mountain. Forget the past failures and IMAGINE what it will feel like to be at the top- to conquer the mountain- to be on top of your world and keep that picture in your mind through the tough things.

Resolve to face your mountain 2day. Trust me, you’ll feel like a better person at the end of this day.

N.C Ronia

Special thanks to Rurik Tullio for making the photograph available for use. Click on his name to go to the profile on www.scx.hu

Follow me on Twitter
Don't have time to read the whole blog? Follow RESOLVE_BYTE on twitter, to get the main points.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search